9 Facts That Will Make You Feel Less Alone In The World
Sometimes it can seem like the world is trying to get you down, and you need a few reasons to feel less alone, or you just need a quick pick-me-up to lift your spirits after considering the state of the world. Here are nine facts to help you out with that:
- You share your birthday with approximately 19 million other people. While you’re blowing out the candles on your cake, someone else is making a wish and doing the same thing.
- There are people out there reading your favorite book at this moment. Or, something from this list.
- No matter how weird your favorite snack food is (anything from wasabi on pickles to Oreos dipped in peanut butter) someone has probably tried it and liked it.
- Check out an old book in the library and look at the checkout card in either the front or the back. Read all the names of the people before you that’ve checked it out. Imagine all the people that held that book in their hands, brought it home, and leafed through the pages. You now belong to that list.
- Watch the sunset (or the sunrise, if you’re feeling ambitious). Know that while there may be millions of people watching it, everyone experienced that day in a different way.
- Everyone has had their heart broken at least once. Some are more painful than others, but even a third grader could probably tell you a thing a two about heartache and unrequited love. It happens to everyone.
- You are so many things: a daughter, a friend, a classmate, a student, a neighbor, or a woman (just to name a few). These are all identities you share with countless other people across the world.
- There are amazing communities—both online and not—that connect people with similar interests. The Lala is an example of this but there are plenty others out there depending on your interests and passions.
- A website, Howmanyofme, literally exists to tell you how many people in America have the same name as you. Fun fact, there are 107 people named Harry Potter.
If you’re ever feeling down or lonely, keep in mind that there are people out there that know exactly what you’re going through. Reach out to old friends, make time for the people in your life now, and remember you’re never alone in the world.alonefriendsgood newsinspirationpositivityreasons to smileuplifitingworld