From hair dyes to heat treatments, the things we do for beauty can wreck havoc on our hair. While skipping those highlights or wearing your hair in its natural state may not entice you, a hearty hair mask might be your solution. Whether your hair is oily, dry, or color-treated, the lala has the perfect hair mask to repair your locks. The best part? The directions are quick and simple and the ingredients might already be sitting in your kitchen!
STRAWBERRY MASK (for oily hair)
Strawberries are an excellent cure for oily hair! This Vitamin C rich fruit has the ability to strip your hair of excess oil.
-2 Tbsp of mayonnaise
- Blend the ingredients into a lush cream.
- Apply to wet hair.
- Let the mask sit for 15 minutes.
- Rinse and cleanse with shampoo.
COCONUT OIL MASK (for dry hair)
Coconut oil has received a cult-like following in recent years. The benefits and applications for coconut oil are endless, from skin care to digestion. Coconut oil can do wonders for your hair, locking in ultimate moisture and hydration.
-2 Tbsp coconut oil
-1 Tbsp olive oil
- Mix ingredients thoroughly.
- Apply generously to hair, working the oil towards dry ends.
- Wrap and cover hair (in saran wrap or shower cap) and let it sit for 15-30 minutes.
- Rinse, followed by shampoo and conditioner.
AVOCADO AND BANANA MASK (for color-treated hair)
C0lor-treated hair requires special care, as dyes and bleaches can dry-out and damage your locks. Avocados are stocked with amino acids, protein, and potassium, restoring your hair to an ultra soft and shiny state.
-1 Tbsp unsweetened, plain yogurt
-1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Blend the avocado and banana until a fine paste is formed.
- Mix in the yogurt and olive oil.
- Apply evenly throughout hair.
- Wrap and cover.
- Let the mask sit for 30-40 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water, followed by shampoo and conditioner.
*note: for longer hair, double or triple recipe.
GREEN TEA MASK (for hair growth)
Craving longer hair? Green Tea is an ingredient known to stimulate hair growth. This mask also helps fight dandruff and promotes soft, healthy hair.
-500 ml water
-3 Tbsp green tea (leaves or bags)
-15 drops lemon essential oil
- Grate the zest of the lemon.
- Boil water in a pan, adding in the lemon zest.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add in the green tea leaves and turn off heat.
- After the water has cooled to a lukewarm temperature, add lemon juice and essential oil.
- Apply to pre-washed (shampoo + conditioner) hair.
- Let sit for 30 minutes and rinse.